If you use it properly, Google Adwords Pay per Click advertising can be a great way to market your chiropractic business. But many businesses waste a lot of money on their pay per click ads, because they think it is simply a matter of sticking an ad on Google, and watching the traffic pour in. But it doesn’t work that way.
Google is just as concerned about providing relevant search results for their pay per click ads, as they are for organic search. So they reward relevant ads with a higher position in the search results for a lower cost. That is why it pays to understand Google Adwords before you begin your campaign.
And it doesn’t need to be complicated. A little bit of extra work at the beginning of your Google Adwords campaign will definitely pay off.
Here are a few basic things you need to know:
- Make sure you include your keyword/phrase in your ad and in the advert title if possible.
- Include the keyword on the website page the ad will land on and preferably in the title. This may mean rewriting that page but the time and effort is worth it.
- Do use keywords that potential customers are likely to use, as opposed to browsers or researchers. Aim to attract potential customers only, even if that means getting less traffic.
- Do test more than one ad, to see what brings in the best results. Also do use different ads for different services and offers you have.
- Set a maximum spending limit for each ad. Keep it low initially so that you can measure the success of your results. Don’t be tempted to just leave it, or set the limit too high. If you do, your pay per click budget could disappear in hours.
- Do use Google’s own keyword tool to check the popularity of keywords and levels of competition.
- Don’t be impatient. Take the time to test and measure your results at the beginning of your campaign, and monitor them on a regular basis.
This may seem like a lot additional work, but it is worth it if you want to market your chiropractic business through Google Adwords Pay per Click. Instead of paying several dollars per click for a low position in the search results, it will enable you to pay a few cents per click for a top 3 position.
While Google Adwords can be a great way to attract new customers to your website, don’t rely on pay per click ads alone. Most of your traffic will still come from organic search, so you still need to focus on improving your websites search optimization too.