We all know how important it is to have a social media for your practice. Facebook makes it very easy for your patients to share your information with their friends and family and an active social media presence also is perfect for keeping you in the mind of your patients.
But an often-overlooked aspect of Facebook is their paid advertising. Many chiropractors are familiar with AdWords and use that for their practice, but most doctors don’t know about Facebook PPC ads.
Facebook ads have a couple of benefits that can help you find new patients:
- Facebook ads are typically much less expensive than AdWords or Bing Ads. It’s easy to spend $10 to $20 per click in a large city for AdWords, while Facebook ads can cost you less than $1 each.
- Facebook ads allow you to use images or video, which can make your ads more eye-catching.
- Facebook can also allow you to laser target specific interests, which can help you convert clicks into new patient visits.
Let’s look at the last aspect of Facebook marketing and see how that works.
We set up a Facebook ad for one of our clients who wanted to look for new patients for auto injury, back pain, and sciatica. Now, you could create one ad and try to get those types of patient randomly, but you’d be wasting your money. The correct way to do this is to create specific ads for each type of patient and then send those clicks to specific pages on your site tailored to those patients.
There are many different kinds of targeting that you can specify in Facebook:
- Location: You clearly want to show your ads only to patients who live close to your office. Facebook Ads allow you to set a distance from your office location that works for you. If you’re in a large city, you’re going to want to cut that radius down, as most patients aren’t going to drive all the way across Los Angeles, for instance, to visit your office.
- Age: You can target your ads to specific age groups. For instance, if you’re looking for middle aged folks with back pain, you can set your age targeting appropriately.
- Gender: Do you work with pregnant women or new mothers? You’ll probably want target women with your ads! (You can dig deeper and even target women who are moms!)
- Interests: This is where it gets interesting (sorry for the pun). With “Interests” targeting, you can specify very specific types of interests. In this example, we targeted people interested in Accident, Injury, Traffic Collision:
You can do the same thing for back pain:
We’ve all heard about privacy concerns with Facebook. Let’s face it, Facebook knows a lot about you and what you’re interested in. In fact, we can even target people based on their “Behaviors.” Want to target people in your city who have purchased “Over-the-counter medication” or “Pain Relief” products? Facebook has you covered:
By laser-focusing your marketing message, you can pinpoint the exact type of patient you’re looking for, down to the age, gender, and their purchases. Creepy? Yep. Effective? You bet!
In today’s market, you need every edge that you can get over the other chiropractors in your city. Carefully targeted Facebook ads are a great way to do this, and they are often less expensive than other PPC advertising.
As part of our chiropractic marketing services, we’ll help you set up and optimize your Facebook or AdWords campaigns, as well as work on your organic web presence. You can learn about our different levels of service we offer, or give us a call today for more information at (800) 295-3346.