If you are new to blogging, or if you’re still deciding whether or not to jump in, you may wonder what kind of content to include to boost your search engine results and engage with your patients and potential patients, in addition to other audience possibilities such as referral sources and other health-care professionals.
To meet your goals, add content regularly to your blog. Ask yourself, “What would interest my target audiences?” If you want to vary your content, consider trying these types of blog posts:
- List: For this very blog, we at Chirohosting enjoy the practicality and readability of these types of posts, for example 5 Tips to Inspire Patients to Commit to Chiropractic Treatment and 3 Reasons Why You Need a Chiropractic Blog.
- Chiropractic and Health News: Share recent news or research findings about the benefits of chiropractic and other alternative and complementary medicine. Try to especially focus on news about conditions you specialize in and the effectiveness of techniques you regularly employ.
- Tips: As a doctor of chiropractic, you are an expert about wellness and health. Share your expertise with advice that patients can use to stay healthy and avoid pain.
- Demystification: Explain health problems, treatments, and chiropractic modalities in language that your audience can understand.
- Success story: Ask a patient if you can tell his or her chiropractic-success story as a feature.
- Anniversary story: Discuss a significant historical event that happened in medicine 10, 20, or even 100 years ago.
- Video: When adding a video to your website, write a brief blog post introducing its content and embed the video directly into your blog. This will make it easy for your website visitors to engage with it (like it, share it, tweet it) on social media.
If you’re looking for help with your blog, we are here to help. Depending on your needs, we can get you set up with a blog, provide the tips you need to get started with your writing, or even write and add custom content to your blog and website. Check out our Services and then give us a call or shoot us an email to get started.
Cunningham John O. (February 2013). “Blogging for lawyers: getting started, keeping in real.” Legal Marketing Reader. Retrieved from http://legalmarketingreader.com/lawyer-blogs.html.