No One Said Ranking Locally on Google Was Easy
It becomes more and more challenging all of the time. Whether the algorithm changes, they add something new into the mix, etc. it's important to be clued into the trends or have someone stay on top of it for you. We've mentioned the Google "Local Pack" or "3 Pack" on numerous occasions. Ideally, this is where you would like to be. This "Local Pack" is based upon organic search. You might not know that paid listings are also going to be a thing sooner than later. So, this will also make ranking even more challenging than it already is. But, rest assured you can still rank...but you need to compete strategically. Note, you also are no longer able to add a description using your keywords on your Google My Business. Ok, so that's the not so great news. Pay attention to these key tips to stay on top of your game. Of course, you can always reach out to us with questions about your Local Search, our Chiropractic Marketing Plans, Chiropractic Websites and DIY options.
Check out one of our Chiropractic Marketing clients, Dr. Jim Spiropoulos of Moon Chiropractic, ranking 1st in Google Local Search!
Here is an example of a Google Local Pack or 3 Pack using "Chiropractor, City, State". In this case "Chiropractor, Moon, PA"
Here are five tips to help you with your SEO presence and ranking on local search.
1. Questions About Your Google My Business Listing? Contact Google!
We contact Google a lot on behalf of our Chiropractic Marketing Plan clients. Whether they have forgotten how to access their account, have multiple listings, moved, have duplicate listings, NAP (name/address/phone) discrepancies we've often simply reached out to Google to get to the source quickly.
Here are some ways to reach them directly:
- Call (866)246-6453 (choose the Google My Business option)
- Contact Google Support Online
- Post on the GMB group message board
- Visit the Google Facebook page
- Check out the Google Twitter page
- If your issue isn't knowing how to get into your account you also contact support directly from your Google My Business dashboard.
Google My Business Dashboard - See "Support" link on the lower left
2. Managing Multiple Practice Listings on Google
This has been an issue for many of our clients who are in a shared office with other practitioners. Whether they are also Chiropractors or are other health specialists. This can be a bit daunting. While you can have your own Google My Business listing you will also be competing with the other practitioners for local search rankings. This can be frustrating. Our SEO experts have spoken extensively with Google to remedy issues our Chiropractic Marketing Plan clients have had with this very issue. If you have questions about your options please reach out to us to schedule a 1-on-1 call to discuss. There are various things you can do with URL extensions, etc. to differentiate, but there are limitations involved as well in regards to how many results can show up on the first page. Again, it can become frustrating. We've dealt with it, so we are happy to share our experiences and help you out in whatever way possible.
3. Get Chiropractic Online Reviews!
This is one of the best ways to get new patients. Multiple reviews (5-star especially) will help you boost your local search ranking. We've relayed this in multiple blogs and have seen huge growth for many of our clients when they ramp up their efforts to get more quality online reviews. The studies surrounding the impact of online reviews speak for themselves.
The recent Consumer Review Survey Research from Bright Local revealed the following staggering benefits:
- 7 out of 10 consumers will leave a review for a business if they’re asked to
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 90% of consumers read less than 10 reviews before forming an opinion about a business
- 54% of people will visit the website after reading positive reviews
You want it to be as easy as possible for happy patients to leave you reviews. Remember there are other places for happy patients to leave you reviews besides only Google. More and more chiropractors are forgetting about Yelp especially. Did you know that Yelp sources the review data for Apple Maps, Bing, Yahoo, and MapQuest? If you don't have Yelp reviews, most iPhone users will miss your star rating. We have seen recently that if you are able to simply get a few Yelp reviews you can get ahead of your competition quickly. Something to think about...and for us to blog about in more detail shortly. In the short term, please check your Yelp presence and make certain you have claimed it and your NAP (name, address, phone) match your Google My Business listing and other listings exactly. We can't stress enough how important that is. Getting 5-star online reviews can also help with click-through rates AND your ranking on Google.
Here are a few ways you can get more online reviews:
- In email and/or text reminders drop in a review links to the signature
- Use a Chiropractic Online Review Builder for reputation management - we have some great new bells and whistles to our service! Schedule 10 minutes to chat!
- Ask happy patients when they are leaving to please leave you a review
- Check out the reviews of your direct local competitors to see where they are getting reviews. Googling your competitors is always a good business practice to engage in frequently!
- All of the above!
4. Optimize Your Website to Compete Locally
You will hear a lot about on-page and off-page SEO. They are both necessary to rank well locally.
A few things to keep in mind for SEO optimization:
- Use your business address in the website footer on all pages of your website
- If you have multiple locations you should create a different page for each location on your website, not simply expect people to figure it out on your "contact" or "directions" page. Optimize each of these pages accordingly with a map, photos, etc.
- Include the word "best" on your homepage!
5. Ask Us to Run Your Local Ranking Report
We will run your local ranking report for FREE! Schedule 1-on-1 for FREE Customized SEO Report. We will create and send you your report and one of our SEO Experts will review it with you during the call. We can discuss various options for you to increase your local search ranking. Whether you DIY or enlist in some marketing services we are here to help.
Each of our Chiropractic Websites is SEO optimized and each level of our Chiropractic Marketing Plans is results based. We are always here to educate and help in any way we can. We are very focused on personalized customer service and stand out from our competitors by providing service to our clients and the chiropractic community.