If these “Star Stats” don’t convince you of the power of 5-star ratings/reviews in Google Local Search Results we aren’t sure what will!
Read These 5 Key Points
- If your rating climbs from 3-stars to 5-stars you should receive an average of 25% more clicks to your practice if you are listed in the Top 3 “Google Local Pack”
- If you have a 5-star rating your practice will get around 39% more clicks from Google Local than if you have a 1-star rating
- Potential customers will select your practice 56% more of the time if you have positive ratings/reviews displayed in your “Google Local Pack"
- Being in the Google Local Pack you will result in more patients clicking into your practice than those listed in Google organic search (with or without stars).
- A positive online reputation can substantially and quickly boost your search ranking, build trust and bring new patients through your door.
Star Ratings = Deep Impact for Google Local Search Results and Ranking
We’ve recently posted blogs about the power of Online Reviews and our Chiropractic Online Review Builder. As more and more consumers read online reviews before making decisions it's important to understand their impact on your business and then put together a strategy moving forward. Our friends at BrightLocal recently published their results for their annual Local Consumer Review Study. Please review these helpful stats and graphs and then schedule a 1-on-1 with us to get a customized plan specific to the needs of your chiropractic practice. Remember, what's right for one practice is often very different for another.
3 Key factors BrightLocal found when compiling their annual Local Consumer Review Study
- 91% of consumers consult online reviews when searching for local businesses
- 84% of consumers trust heavily online reviews as much or more than personal referrals
- 7 out of 10 consumers will leave a review if asked by the business
We find that many chiropractors have a hard time figuring out how to get more online reviews. You can see from the stat above that you should simply start with asking your happy patients! Chances are if you make it easy for them to leave a review for you, they will! For more tips please refer to a recent ChiroHosting blog post called, "Need More Chiropractic Reviews? The Top 10 Tips are Right Here! Hint: “Don’t Ask, Don’t Get!”. A major takeaway from this is NOT to get desperate for reviews and have fake ones written on your behalf. Google is able to detect this easily and doing so will reflect very poorly upon your practice.
Exploring the Deep Impact of Stars & Reviews on Search Click-Through Rates (CTR)
In Bright Local’s Annual Local Consumer Review Study they discovered star ratings are the #1 factor that consumers use when considering a local business online. Take a look at the screenshot below from google local search results for "Chiropractor, Noblesville, Indiana". Noblesville Family Chiropractic's Dr. Dalager is a ChiroHosting client and a shining example of how to win in google local search results with a great online review strategy!
Search example of Google Local Pack Results:
Which business would you choose?
Reviews and Ratings Affect Click-Through Rates on Google Local Pack Results
Top 4 Factors:
- 5-star listings garnered 69% of clicks from the Local Pack
- 4-star listings received 59% of clicks…
- 3-star listings received 44% of clicks…
- 1 or 2-star listings received fewer clicks than listings with ZERO stars!
Variance in Click-Through-Rates (CTR) Based upon Star Rating
The graph below uses the same data but is presented in a different manner. Here you will see the variance in CTR based on star ratings in the Google local pack vs. having ZERO stars. It’s clear how deep of an impact having higher star ratings vs. lower ratings has upon the click through rates.
Top 3 Factors:
- 5-star ratings earn a business 28% more clicks vs. having ZERO ratings
- 5-star ratings receive 39% more clicks than having a 1-star rating
- 1-star ratings reduce the clicks a business receives by 11% vs. having ZERO ratings
Consumers Decide upon a Business from Google’s Local Pack within Google Local Search
After the participants in BrightLocal’s study clicked on their choice, they asked them a simple follow-up question: "Why did you pick that result?"
Top 3 Factors for their Decision:
- 56% chose a business because of their positive star ratings/reviews
- 10% chose the business because they liked the business name
- 9% simply chose the top business listing in Google’s Local Pack
That is a 46% difference from the #1 Factor to the #2 Factor! In short, 5-stars matter...a lot!
If you are not in Google’s Local Pack (yet) don’t be discouraged. You need to begin to generate more 5 star ratings! While the impact upon your click through rates isn’t as much as in the local pack your stars will certainly get you listed in the organic search results. Playing up your positive online reputation will only help you!
Bottom Line: Negative Ratings Reduce Clicks & Positive Ratings Increase Clicks
While this is obvious, it should also be obvious that you need to have a strategy to bring in more Online Reviews. We are happy to walk you through this over the phone and even do a screen share to show you just how to go about it! You can easily schedule a 1-on-1 with us at a time that is convenient for you! We offer Chiropractic Online Review Building as a service. Not only will it make it easier for your happy patients to leave you a review, but you will be able to easily manage your online reputation in one place...not to mention showcase your 5-star reviews on your website!
You need to start to take steps now to build and protect your online reputation. You’ve worked hard to get to where you are today providing the best of care to your patients...you don’t want ZERO or negative online reviews to tarnish your reputation. As always we are happy to simply answer your questions!