Not Familiar with Google My Business? This Post Is for You.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free tool for local businesses, including chiropractors and chiropractic offices, to manage their information within Google's Search and Maps.
Is It Important? We know so!
There are tons of ways that potential patients can find you online. But, while Google remains the most popular search engine by huge margins, it pays to focus your energy improving your visibility within the Google ecosystem.
We've found optimized Google My Business listings to be extremely valuable to our chiropractic clients. In fact, claiming/cleaning up/establishing a Google My Business listing is one of the first steps we take during the setup process for our clients with a Chiropractic Online Marketing Plan.
Why does my chiropractic practice need to be listed on Google My Business?
- Your practice will rank higher in local search (you want to be in the top 3)
- Patients can get to your physical location easily via Google Maps
- You will be able to generate more online reviews (5-star Google reviews = higher ranking for local search)
What do I need to do and know before setting up my listing?
- Be vigilant in making certain you post your Name/Address/Phone exactly the same in any listing
- Google your name/business name, phone number, city, and state. Take note of any duplicate listings. Also, pay attention for if listing(s) is(are) claimed or not.
- If you have already created Google Places for Business or a Google + Account your Google account will already have Google My Business created.
7 SIMPLE STEPS TO SET UP GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
1. Go to Google My Business
Go to the Google My Business website. Then click on the call-to-action to "Start Now".
It's possible to set up Google My Business via your phone or tablet, however, you might want to do this initial setup for Google My Business on your desktop to access more advanced editing features, including hours, service area, etc. From there certainly do download the app to access your account on your phone or tablet. We've listed these for your convenience below. You can also call them directly at 1-844-491-9665.
Download and launch the Google My Business app.
You can download the app for your Android phone from Google Play:
Google Play: Apps - Google My Business
You can download the app for your iPhone from iTunes:
iTunes: Apps - Google My Business
2. Sign In with Your Google Account
You'll be prompted to log in with your existing Google account (may be the same as your Gmail login credentials). Make sure that this is the account that you'd like to use to manage your business.
If you don’t already have a Google/Gmail account, then you'll need to sign up for one here. Note, if you have an email address connected to your domain Google can also manage this for you.
3. Press "Continue"
If you're following these steps while setting up your Google My Business listing, you'll find that Google provides a great, simple interface. They walk you through the steps for claiming your listing.
So, pay attention to what they ask you to do. And, then press “continue”.
4. If you see your practice listed and associated with your account, click the name of your business
This will show you a list of all listings under your account, so if it's there make sure it's correct if it's not there then go on to Step #5.
5. Go to the bottom of the page and select “Create new business”
If it reveals your practice has been verified by someone else please follow the steps Google suggests.
6. Type in your Practice Name, Address, Phone and all other details requested
Again, make certain it is in a consistent format. We also recommend using recent, high quality, high-resolution photos.
7. You will now be asked to verify your business information
From here Google will create your profile and business account. You will then be asked to verify your address in order for them to send you the verification postcard. While you can come back to this step later we recommend that you verify during this process as it takes a few days to receive the postcard. Once you verify your address to receive the postcard you can then access your Google My Business Dashboard!
Ok...I did all of this, now what?
- Make certain your name/address/phone and hours are always current
- Google your practice often to see where you rank in local search
- When you receive online reviews respond to them in a very timely manner (good or bad reviews)
- Make sure you have updated photos in place
What can I do to rank higher in local search?
Put together a solid Chiropractic Marketing Plan! We know you’re are busy running your practice and the thought of doing this might be overwhelming and/or intimidating. There are also various complications that might arise which are simply out of your wheelhouse. We can help on many levels. All of our Chiropractic Marketing Plans include a dedicated account manager/SEO expert. One of the first things we do is make certain you are properly set up with Google My Business. So, whether you can do this on your own or you need some help this can get done. It's imperative it gets done properly to avoid Name/Address/Phone (NAP) descrepancies. These create your business to suffer in local search ranking.
If you would like to speak to us about your website and/or discuss our results based Chiropractic Marketing Plans please feel free to schedule a 1-on-1 call with us to discuss. We are not a sales organization. We are always happy to answer your questions and point you in the right direction.