Let's face it: the #1 reason to have a website for your clinic is to get new patients. And the first step to getting an influx of new patients from your website is to make it easy for people to find you online.
Here are some key facts that you need to keep in mind when developing your web presence:
- Google is the king. 67% of all search is done on Google, so if you're not ranking well there, you're missing a lot of new patients.
- A Google Local Business listing is a necessity. When searching for any kind of business, Google is going to display local, relevant business results in a map form, like this:
The above is the listing for one of our clients, Dr. Brad Dahlager (you can read about the work we've done for him here and here). Having that first listing in the maps is worth a tremendous amount of exposure. In fact, being #1 in local search or organic search results gets you about 36% of the clicks for any particular search term!
The Value of a #1 Listing
Being at the top of the Google Local Business listings means a dramatic increase in the number of people who will find your website, and here's proof. First, here's Dr. Dahlager's Local Business ranking for "Chiropractor Noblesville" from October 2013 to July 2014:
Dr. Dahlager's site was at #36 when he first contracted with us, and he hit #1 in the local rankings by March, 2014 (and has been there ever since).
This placement in the Google Local rankings corresponds directly to an increase in traffic to the site, as we can see in this graph:
When Dr. Dahlager came to us in October, he had 256 unique visitors; in August, he had 932 -- an increase of 264%!
Getting Your Practice on the Map
A good placement in Google Local Business means more traffic to your site, which means more new patients. That means that if you want to grow your practice, Google Local has to be a priority for you. Here are the keys to improving your Google Local listing:
- Make sure your listing has the correct information and is verified.
- Make sure your listing is linked to your website.
- Get good quality reviews on Google+ from patients. Google is going to give a higher ranking to local businesses who have real, quality reviews. Dr. Dahlager has 25 reviews, and it's helped him get to #1 on the map listings.
- Optimize your listing with appropriate keywords that your patients are using to search.
- Continue to add quality content to your website. A strong web presence depends on many factors, and Google Local rankings are linked to the quality of your website.
If you're overwhelmed by the work needed to get better results from your chiropractic website, we can help. We have a great track record of helping professionals get more from their websites, and we can help you. We offer a variety of services designed to help you optimize your Google Local rankings:
- Our Pro Level service is designed for clinics in smaller communities without much competition.
- Our VIP Chiropractic Marketing service is designed for doctors in large cities that have many chiropractors.
For more information about how we can help you and your marketing, give us a call at (800) 295-3346 or contact us here.