Yelp Reviews Can Be a Chiropractor's Best Friend!
We've said it before and we'll say it again...review sites are key for ranking well in local search results. Numerous studies point to the fact that over 80% of patients look at review sites before making a decision as to who they will go to for care. I can certainly attest to this myself. Lately, we've noticed that fewer chiropractors are putting stock, time and energy into their Yelp reviews. BAD IDEA!
Here are some obvious reasons why you need to get Yelpy with it!
- Even if you only have a few Yelp reviews you can win quickly since many of your local competitors probably aren't paying attention to their own listing.
- When doing a local search in Google 9 times out of 10 the Yelp results show up directly below the Local 3 Pack. Sometimes as many as 3 times in a row!
- You can always request a "Find Us on Yelp" sticker for your office. It's a great way to advertise for free, show a trusted/credible affiliation and let people know they can leave you reviews there.
- Apple Maps, Bing, Yahoo and Map Quest are all "Powered by Yelp Reviews".
- If a patient has the Yelp app, it's ridiculously easy to leave a review. Learning curve = zero.
- Need I say more?
Where Do I Start?
- Check to see if you have a Yelp page - Do you see a page for your practice? It's also helpful to simply do a Google search for your practice name and "Yelp". The more information you have about your online presence the better.
- If yes, is it "Claimed"? If so, does it have your proper Name/Address/Phone (NAP)? Edit wherever appropriate.
- If you don't have a page, set it up and make sure you use the exact same naming convention for your Name/Address/Phone (NAP) as you have on your Google My Business page.
- If you do have a page, but it is not yet claimed please do so immediately! You can click here to start your claim process!
- Login to your Yelp Account - We are always surprised how few chiropractors set up their own Yelp account and ALSO know how to login. If this is you...retrieve your password and remember it. You will need to be able to login in order to respond to reviews. This is critical!
- Check to see if you have a star rating already. If you do not have any Yelp reviews you won't see a star rating. Obviously, you want to change that quickly.
New Features Yelp Has Rolled Out!
- Asking and Answering questions about any business. Pretty self-explanatory as to what this feature allows users to do. People can "up vote" and "down vote" answers in regards to how helpful (or not helpful) they are.
- Send to your Phone - this makes it very easy for people to get to your location and/or share your listing with friends.
- Check-ins at your office - People can even take a Yelfie at check-in. Before and After of Pain vs. No Pain?
You Must Respond to Reviews (good or bad)!
Gain Credibility and Trust!
In a recent survey, it was found that over 60% of patients believe it is imperative for doctors to get back to them if they leave a review.
Important things to keep in mind (for good or bad reviews):
- You can respond to reviews publicly or privately via Yelp for Business Owners.
- Don't violate HIPAA
- Remain professional
- Thank them for taking the time to write their review
Responding to a Negative Review:
Everyone has a bad day. So, regardless if this is something that you feel wasn't warranted, the more professional and level headed you are about it the better it will come across. By addressing the negative review you come across as forth coming and ready to take care of issues quickly. Perhaps mention what has been done in order to remedy this for other patients and what you will be doing differently to make sure this does not happen to them or anyone else. Be personal...be human...be understanding.
4 Key Steps
- First respond to the patient privately. Thank them for taking the time to let you know about their experience. Give the patient a direct line to you so you can have a 1-on-1 conversation in order to resolve their issue(s) and assure them you will remedy the situation.
- Second respond to the review publicly. Again, thank the reviewer for their time. Be human in your response and never defensive. State how the issue is being addressed to avoid the situation in the future. Make it known that you value your patient's feedback and take steps to always enhance their experience with your practice.
- Always remain calm, cool and collected. Don't react. If you need to take a day that's fine, but don't ignore it!
- Don't get offended if you can't swing their star rating. It's not about winning them back over...it's about being attentive and showing you care.
Responding to the Positive Review:
Now the fun part! Obviously, you want to get back to these people quickly. More and more often people are more apt to leave a negative review in order to vent. It's free therapy. People that leave you a positive review are not venting, they are your evangelists! These are your VIPs. In marketing speak, we call them "Key Influencers".
2 Key Steps:
- Send them a direct message. Let them know how much you appreciate them taking the time to leave you a review.
- Respond publicly to 5-star reviews to show you are attentive, appreciative and active on your review sites. It's a sign of a thriving business.
What NOT to Do:
- Don't solicit reviews in a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch your's" kind of way. Be authentic. All of the large review sites have a very keen nose to sniff out reviews that are phony or contrived. In short, don't use incentives. That said, this doesn't at all mean that you shouldn't simply ask happy patients to leave you reviews and make it easy for them to do so.
Pro-Tips to Organically Get Reviews:
- Share your Yelp reviews on other platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and email. You can do this by logging into your Yelp account.
- Order the Yelp sticker!
- Print out a copy of your Yelp Reviews and frame it. Put it in your front office.
- Add the social media icon to your website. If you have a ChiroHosting N8 Website we can do this for you.
- Check out all of the approved Yelp stickers, links, etc. to include in all relevant marketing materials, correspondence via email, text and otherwise.
If you have questions or would like a FREE Marketing Assessment please schedule a 1-on-1 with us. We are always happy to answer any questions, offer recommendations, etc. You always have a direct line to us. We pride ourselves on personalized customer service and being able to customize services to each individual practice.