Your Chiropractic Practice Should Dominate in 2018!
You need to kick off 2018 stocked with knowledge about local search. Most importantly you need to have a game plan regarding how to "WIN" in your local area.
Each year Bright Local releases a detailed consumer review survey. Based upon these findings we relay stats and convey to you what is relevant to grow your practice. Perhaps with these convincing stats you will begin to formulate a chiropractic marketing plan as we move into another exciting year!
Key Findings from the Bright Local 2017 Consumer Review Survey
- 97% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses in 2017, with 12% looking for a local business online every day
- 85% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- Positive reviews make 73% of consumers trust a local business more
- 49% of consumers need at least a four-star rating before they choose to use a business
- Responding to reviews is more important than ever, with 30% naming this as key when judging local businesses
- 68% of consumers left a local business review when asked - with 74% having been asked for their feedback
- 79% of consumers have read a fake review in the last year, but a worrying 84% can't always spot them
- Yelp & Facebook are local consumers' most trusted review sites, followed by Google & BBB.org
- People are becoming less likely to visit businesses' websites after reading positive reviews - a 17% drop from 2016
- 32% of consumers read local reviews on mobile apps this year (a growth of 14% from 2016)
- Consumers read an average of 7 reviews before trusting a business - up from 6 last year
Some Highlights to Take Note of...
Reviews! Reviews! Reviews!
Once again we come back to "Reviews". Each year the numbers above rise. In short, more and more people depend upon reviews to make decisions as to where they become a patron in their local area. This correlation is even stronger in health care since decisions about health is weighed heavier than a basic consumer purchase. We can't stress enough how important it is for you to get positive reviews...and a lot of them. The survey found that nearly everyone had consulted online reviews to make a consumer decision over the past year.
Be Ready to Answer the Phone
An interesting finding was more consumers will actually pick up the phone rather than visit the website after reading a review! Yes, the PHONE! One reason is because people have become more savvy and know some reviews could be fake. While that's a small percentage (they get vetted quickly by review sites) it does show consumers feel even more comfortable with a friendly voice on the phone. This validates a glowing review. So, make sure your front desk puts on their warm and friendly voice at all times. It could be the difference between a new patient or not. Also, be certain the hours on your website and Google My Business are up to date. It comes across as unprofessional if no one is available during your publicly facing business hours. If you need help changing your hours on your N8 Chiropractic Website and/or Google My Business please schedule a 1-on-1 with us.
More is Better, but Quality is Key
One of the stats above shows that potential consumers read 7 reviews before trusting a business. This number is bound to increase year after year. You aren't going to get a slew of reviews overnight. That would also appear suspect to search engines and potential patients. You need to have a long-term strategy in place to obtain quality 5-star reviews from happy patients. One of the most effective things you can do is use a review building tool, such as Chiropractic Online Review Builder. This makes it incredibly simple for happy patients to leave a review in 2 easy steps. When you alleviate pain for your patients and benefit their well being through your care they will be more than happy to leave you a positive review. Just ask! Remember...
- 68% of consumers left a local business review when asked - with 74% having been asked for their feedback!
Yelp & Facebook Rule!
Yes, Google Reviews are paramount to build out your Google My Business profile and for local search results. However, many chiropractors don't put enough emphasis on their Facebook and Yelp reviews.
- Is your Facebook active? If you are willing to spend $1 per day you can have an active social media presence by using Chiropractic Automated Social Media.
- Make sure your Facebook and Yelp are "claimed".
- Check if you have any duplicate listings. Facebook and Yelp automatically set up pages when they come across business listings.
- Make certain your NAP (Name, Address, Phone) data is aligned with your website and your Google My Business profile.
- If your hours are not consistent across the board (or don't reflect Holiday hours) fix this ASAP.
If you need help with this checklist please schedule a 1-on-1 with us. Our SEO Experts can help!
Mobile Grows Year After Year...
Do you like to have the freedom of getting things accomplished without being chained to a desk? Ummm...YES! Who doesn't?
More and more of us find what we want when we want/need it via our mobile device. Many times this is accomplished using an app such as Facebook or Yelp. This is yet another reason to make certain your Facebook is active and both Facebook and Yelp are claimed and up to date. You can not afford to have an inactive social presence. This being said you also MUST have a mobile friendly (aka: responsive) website. If anyone attempts to go to your website from their mobile device and find it doesn't render properly...you can say goodbye to that potential client. Perhaps it's time to dust off your website and your social media presence?
Simple Action Items to Take NOW in 2018:
- Make sure your Chiropractic Website is SEO friendly and up to date!
- Take a look at Chiropractic Automated Social Media
- Consider a Chiropractic Review Builder tool
- Review potential Chiropractic Marketing Plans
- Schedule a 1-on-1 with an SEO Expert to customize a plan
We look forward to pointing you in the direction of success!