Over the last few years, we’ve seen a huge increase in video traffic online. YouTube gets over 1 billion visitors a month, and 100 hours of video is uploaded there every minute! Clearly, online video is here to stay.
Video is a much more powerful way to educate people about chiropractic, as well. Research shows that people retain information better from a video than just plain text. Furthermore, studies show that a big wall of text on your website simply isn’t going to be read, and video makes it more likely that your site visitors will absorb the information you have on your site.
We have the data to back it up: our ChiroHosting videos get watched about 1,500-1700 times a week, or about 228 video views a day. In the last year, patients and doctors have watched our videos 179,000 times! That’s a lot of new people being exposed to the benefits of chiropractic.
How to Use Video on Your Chiropractic Site
Video is powerful, but you have to do it right. Here are some key steps to making sure video is working for you:
- One video per page. We oftentimes see chiropractic sites with video, but someone will paste 10 videos on one page and call it “Videos.” It’s very, very unlikely that your patient is going to watch a bunch of videos on one page. Focus your video to a relevant topic. For instance, if you have a page on sciatica in Boca Raton, add a video to your page talking about chiropractic and sciatica.
- Make sure you have some original text on the page with your video. Google can’t index videos, because Google needs text to categorize your web page. If you add some text to your page, your page will show up in the search engines and your visitors will be able to watch your video.
- Use as many videos as possible. Really, you want to set up your website so that on every topic you treat, there’s a video there. Our ChiroHosting Video Library includes 81+ videos that cover just about every aspect of chiropractic, and they’re available to add to any page on your website.
- Introduce yourself with video. Make a connection with potential patients by adding a video of yourself talking about why you love chiropractic and how you’ve helped patients. It’s a much more personal approach that people like.
- Patient testimonials. Video is the perfect way to get testimonials from patients that show new patients what you can do for them.
Take advantage of the benefits of video for your chiropractic website. If you have questions about our video library or how to implement video on your site, contact us here or give us a call at (800) 295-3346 today.