For most new patients, your chiropractic website is going to be the first thing that they see of your practice, and we all know how important first impressions are. You simply have to have a website that conveys professionalism and your expertise if you want to grow your patient base.
The issue of professionalism is a problem across the web, not just with chiropractic websites. A recent article talked about the most common problems seen in medical websites, and we see the same problems every day when contacted by chiropractors looking for website redesign.
Here are the most common website problems we see every day:
- Your site isn't responsive. Most patients will check out your site on a phone or tablet, and if your site doesn't work on those devices, they'll abandon it and move on. Responsive design is critical.
- Your site is out-dated. Web design standards are constantly changing, so you need to regularly update your theme with modern designs. Our developers are constantly adding new themes to keep our client sites fresh.
- Your site isn't secure. SSL is a basic requirement for any website today, but it's especially important for chiropractors. Your patients aren't going to feel comfortable with a website that doesn't have the basic security protocols in place to protect their data and browsing.
- Your site is slow. A fast website is important to Google and to your patients. Google gives precedence to faster sites and your patients won't stick around to wait for a slow site to load.
- You're hiding contact information. Make sure that your phone and address are prominently displayed on your site so that it's easy to find. Remember: most people are visiting your website because they're interested in your services. Make it easy for them to contact you!
- You don't have a good biography. Choosing a chiropractor is a personal choice, and patients want to get to know you before they make a call to schedule an appointment. We see too many chiropractic websites that don't introduce the doctor or show any personality. Chiropractic is a personal approach to healthcare, so make sure your website does a good job of introducing yourself.
Most chiropractors have a lot of competition, so you can't afford to have a website that makes it more difficult for patients to choose you.
If you need some help updating your site, we can help. We've been creating effective chiropractic websites for our clients since 2000, and we can help you, too.
Give us a call today at (800) 295-3346 or schedule a 1-on-1 with one of our online marketing experts.