Google My Business for Chiropractors
One of the first things you need to do when you get your new chiropractic website up and running is to configure your Google My Business listing. This is one of the most important parts of your online chiropractic marketing strategy, as it will determine how your site is listed in Google Local search results.
Over the last few years, Google has made Local Search a major priority. Their thinking is this: when people are searching for certain categories of business—such as "Chiropractor"—that means that the searcher is looking for a local business. Google My Business makes sure that Google knows what kind of business you own and the services you provide so that they can show that to prospective patients.
Key Point: Google's focus is providing the world's best search results. Why? Because if users find useful information when searching on Google, they'll continue to use Google!
A correctly configured listing in Google My Business helps your marketing in some very important ways:
- It’s the only way to get in the "Local 3 Pack." When you do a search for a local business in Google, the first results are the 3 Pack. This is the top three listings for the category of business you’re looking for and these results are from Google My Business. Being in the 3 Pack is the goal.
- Being in Google My Business puts you on the map, literally. If you want your business to show up in Google Maps, that data comes from Google My Business.
- It makes it easy to get reviews. Google My Business makes writing reviews very easy, and patients use those reviews when deciding how to pick a new chiropractor.
- You can use your Google My Business page to post events and special offers. These are much more likely to be seen, as Google gives these priority.
- It will help you build organic search ranking. There are many factors that Google takes into consideration when determining your search ranking, and many of these are dependent on Local Search factors. A solid Google My Business listing with correct information is an important first step that will pay long-term dividends for your chiropractic practice.
- It makes it easy to share photos. The more information you can provide potential patients, the better. Photos are a great way to introduce your practice and show off. You can easily add photos to your Google My Business profile and it's set up so that your clients can also share photos.
- It clearly displays your location, phone, website, and office hours. This is information your clients need and want, and Google My Business makes it easy to find all of this in one place.
If you need some help setting up your Google My Business listing, we've created an article that takes you through the process, step-by-step.
If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to give us a call at (800) 295-3346 and our SEO experts will be happy to help you!