In this blog, we're going to explore 8 benefits of chiropractic based on various research.
1. Did you know chiropractic can benefit military servicemembers?
After receiving chiropractic care during a four-week period, military servicemembers, who suffered from low back pain, noted benefits over those who did not receive chiropractic. Testing was conducted pre- and post-study to determine each servicemember’s level of pain while also assessing their strength, balance, and endurance. After four weeks, isometric pulling strength increased by 5.08 kgs in the group receiving chiropractic whereas this strength decreased by 7.43 kgs in the group that was wait listed. Read more here.
2. Did you know chiropractic can potentially help individuals with ankle sprain injuries overcome these impacts by increasing strength in the hips?
In a study of 25 participants who had endured an ankle sprain that had high-velocity, low-amplitude adjustments performed on the proximal tibiofibular, distal tibiofibular, talocrural, and subtalar joints, it was noted that 48 hours post-treatment there was a 14.2% increase in hip abductor force. Read more here.
3. Did you know that chiropractic can help golfers with hip pain?
A case study demonstrates how chiropractic can provide effective rehabilitation for golfers suffering from such injuries. It also points to how chiropractic therapies can help patients experiencing osteoarthritic pain. Read more here.
4. Did you know that chiropractic can help with chronic pain in older adults?
In a study, researchers concluded that older patients who received chiropractic adjustments experienced substantially lower levels of disability and pain when compared with patients who did not receive chiropractic care. Read more here.
5. Did you know chiropractic speeds recovery from sciatica?
A study suggests that chiropractic treatments may speed sciatica recovery, enabling patients to return to work faster. The researchers evaluated 44 Norwegian workers who had visited the hospital with severe sciatic pain. Within 21 days, 91% of patients had returned to work full-time. Read more here.
6. Did you know regular chiropractic adjustments prevent worsening back pain?
One study examined the role of chiropractic adjustments in treating chronic lower back pain. The study involved 30 participants whose back pain had lasted at least 6 months. The study found that all participants benefited from chiropractic care, but those who received maintenance care benefitted more. Read more here.
7. Did you know chiropractic helps patients recover from failed back-pain surgery?
A recent small study suggests that chiropractic treatments could be a viable option for patients recovering from failed-back pain surgery syndrome. The patients in the study received manipulation under anesthesia and experienced positive results. Read more here.
8. Did you know chiropractic can help during pregnancy?
Research shows that chiropractic adjustments can substantially reduce pain in the low back, pelvis, and hips; ease sciatica; relieve stress, and reduce the frequency of headaches. Read more here.